Sunday, November 27
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLE:
Have one member of the family light the first candle. The candle of Hope!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- What is one of your favorite Christmas memories about another family member?
- Have you ever been totally embarrassed by your family during the holidays?
- What do you think about Jesus having some really embarrassing people in His family?
Teens & Adults:
- Would you have included the notorious people in Jesus’ lineage if you were Matthew?
- How do you feel about Jesus coming into this family tree containing outright wicked
- Have you ever felt unworthy of grace?
- What does this lineage tell us about Jesus’ view on unworthiness?
- For freedom from generational sin
- Family tree issues being broken by the good news of Jesus.
- Our feelings of unworthiness
- Getting a proper vision of Jesus’ opinion of us