Tuesday, December 6
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- How often do you think about Jesus being the King?
- What do you picture when you think about what a king looks like?
- What do you think a king does during the day?
- How is that different than what we read about Jesus doing in the Bible?
Teens & Adults:
- “Behold, the days are coming…” Have you struggled lately with longing for Jesus to come and make things right in your world?
- What does it mean for you that one of Jesus’ titles is “The Lord is our righteousness”? How can that give us peace during our daily struggles?
- That our King would reign in our home, careers, and relationships
- That His peace would come and replace our worries