Wednesday, December 7
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- What do you do that make your parents think you’re tired and need to nap or go to bed?
- How often do you agree with them that you need some rest?
- A yoke joins two horses or oxen to pull the same way. It’s usually attached to a big cart. What do you think it means that Jesus wants us to take his yoke upon us?
Teens & Adults:
- What do you do that makes you realize you’re “heavy laden” and need rest?
- What are the things in your life, instead of Jesus, that you turn to for rest?
- How are you doing at yoking yourself to Jesus and learning from him?
- What areas of your life are you trying to pull away from him as you travel together?
- That we would give our weariness and our burdens to Jesus
- That we would accept his yoke and learn from him
- That we would feel where he’s leading quicker than we used to