Friday, December 9
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- What would your reaction be if an Angel suddenly appeared behind you and said “Hello”?
- Have you ever gotten some information from your parents or a teacher that you couldn’t understand? Who did you go to for help?
- Verse 37 says, “For nothing will be impossible with God.” What’s a story in the Bible that seems impossible? Why do you think that story was included in the Bible?
Teens & Adults:
- When was the last time you felt God leading you to something, and fear immediately crept into your heart?
- In this section, Mary was “distraught,” trying to discern what was going on, and doubtful. Yet when she heard what God was about to do, her answer was, “... let it be to me according to your word.” Talk about a time you had to act in faith because you didn’t know what God would do next.
- That we would have faith to follow where God leads, even when we can’t see the path
- That our faith would increase as we remember God’s faithfulness