Monday, December 12
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Have one member of the family light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- Close the curtains or blinds and turn off the lights. What are some things the light coming from the advent candles is doing for the room?
- What do you think it means that Jesus has made us a light for people that don’t know him? How can you be that kind of light for your friends at school and church?
Teens & Adults:
- What is your go-to move when you’re trying to walk through a completely dark room? Get up and show us.
- Do you feel differently in a pitch-black space vs. a lit room?
- What about verse 47 do you think made the people rejoice in verse 48?
- What was it like when you experienced the light of the Gospel for the first time?
- How does it feel to know that you, too, have been made a “light for the Gentiles”?
- That our joy would be rooted in the light of the gospel of Jesus
- That we would feel a burden for those still walking in the dark
- That we would be lights for others to see Jesus