Tuesday, December 13
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Have one member of the family light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- To rejoice about something is to REALLY celebrate it. Picture a game-winning 3-pointer or getting the very last slice of pepperoni pizza at lunch.
- When was the last time you REALLY celebrated something? What was it?
- What do you think it means to “Rejoice in the Lord”? What is something that we can really celebrate about God today?
Teens & Adults:
- Paul TOLD the Philippians to rejoice. What is your reaction to the idea that rejoicing is a choice?
- What things in your life make it easier to “ rejoice in the Lord”?
- What makes it more difficult?
- If rejoicing in the Lord is a choice we can make right now, how could that affect the rest of our day? Our week? Our lives?
- To help us start, list some things about Jesus we can rejoice over.
- That we can rejoice in the Lord through every circumstance that comes our way