Wednesday, December 14
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Have one member of the family light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy!
1 Peter 1:8
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- How hard is it to love some of the people around this circle?
- What makes it difficult sometimes to love them?
- Why do you think Peter told people to love each other so much?
Teens & Adults:
- How have you experienced this verse in action?
- What is the link between Christians loving each other fiercely and this week of Joy?
- What things try to keep you from loving one another earnestly?
- That we would love more than we want to win
- That we would love more than we want to teach
- That we would love as Jesus loves us
- That others would experience Joy because of our earnest love for them