Saturday, December 17
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Have one member of the family light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- Have you experienced a time when your parent or teacher said something and you had no idea what they meant? How did you react? (Did you fake it and pretend that you knew or tell the truth and ask what they meant?)
Teens & Adults:
- Is it comforting to read that there were times when Jesus’ disciples had no idea what he was talking about? Why?
- Have you experienced a moment in which your sorrow turned into Joy?
- After the resurrection, Peter and John raced to the tomb to see it empty. On the other hand, Thomas couldn’t believe it until he touched Jesus’ wounds himself. All of our reactions to Jesus fall somewhere in that spectrum. Do you find yourself quickly believing or doubting the good news that Jesus really is who he says he is?
- That we would believe what Jesus says about himself
- That our hearts would be protected by the Joy of the gospel