Monday, December 19
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace! Light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy! Light the pink candle for Love!
1 John 4:7-9
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- Who are we supposed to love most?
- What do you think it means to “love one another”?
- What would it look like this week if you were to start loving each other as God has loved us?
Teens & Adults:
- It’s easy to read through this passage and not let it sink in. John wrote, “whoever *agapes* has been born of God and knows God. What are some ways that you love in a totally selfless, sacrificial way?
- What are the things that keep us from loving others like that?
- Talk about how you can let Jesus love through you as you live through him.
- That we would remember Jesus, the one who loved us when we were so unloveable
- That we would be able to Agape those around us