Tuesday, December 20
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace! Light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy! Light the pink candle of Love!
1 John 4:10-12
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- What did you do to earn God’s love? How does verse 10 answer that question?
- (Parents: “Propitiation” means “atoning sacrifice.”
- Why do you think it’s so hard for us to love others as Jesus loves us?
- How can we get better at loving each other?
Teens & Adults:
- When is it easiest for you to love other people?
- Is there a certain type of person that grinds your gears?
- Why is it so difficult to love them?
- Who in your life most needs the love of God that flows through you?
- That we would remember just how passionately God loves us
- That we would ask and then depend on him to Agape through us
- That we would sacrificially love those who are most unlovable