Wednesday, December 21
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace! Light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy! Light the pink candle of Love!
1 John 4:13-19
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- What does it mean that “The Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the World”?
- Do you know what it means to confess something? What does it mean to “confess that Jesus is the son of God?
- Jesus perfectly loved us when we were super unloveable. How does that make you feel?
Teens & Adults:
- When did you “come to know and believe God's love for us”?
- How has your love for God, yourself, and others have grown since that time?
- Are there still things in your life you’re afraid of? What are they? How can we pray for you?
- That God would give us passion for loving him and loving others
- That we would pray for those around us to know and confess that Jesus is the Son of God
- That we would keep growing in our love for God that our fear and insecurities would be cast out once and for all