Thursday, December 22
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace! Light the third purple candle. The candle of Joy! Light the pink candle of Love!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- We celebrate a lot of things during the Christmas season. What are the top two things you’re excited about this week?
- Why did God send the Son into the world?
Teens & Adults:
- Rescuing you was Jesus’ mission on earth. Why is it so hard sometimes to feel worthy of that kind of love?
- Do you ever experience times of feeling condemned? When?
- What is the antidote for those feelings of guilt or condemnation?
- Pray that God would prepare our hearts and minds to accept his Agape
- Pray that we would understand the difference between a worldly definition of love and the biblical one
- Thank God for loving us enough to send His Son into the world to rescue us