Friday, December 23
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace! The third purple candle of Joy! Light the pink candle for Love!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- How hard is it to forgive someone that hurts you?
- Why is it important to forgive others as God has forgiven us?
Teens & Adults:
- Have you ever told someone, “I’m just not that kind,” or “Compassion isn’t my thing”?
- What does verse 12 tell us to do with those things? Is that a foreign thought for you?
- Which of the traits in verses 12-15 do you have the most difficulty with? Which one comes naturally to you?
- What would happen around your house if you started implementing verses 16 & 17 into your daily routine?
- That we would live in the reality that God is crazy about us.
- That we would operate with hearts that love others because of how much we are loved.
- That this home would be a place where we treasure the Bible, worship with each other, and live our lives that are dedicated to Jesus, our Rescuer.