Monday, December 5
THE LIGHTING OF THE ADVENT CANDLES:
Have one member of the family light the first purple candle. The candle of Hope!
Have one member of the family light the second purple candle. The candle of Peace!
Talk about these questions with your family or group.
- Who is the Word in vs. 1? Who is the Him this section is talking about?
- If Jesus was there with God the Father in the beginning, what happened on that first Christmas?
- Do you ever get nervous in the dark? Why?
Teens & Adults:
- Reread verse 3. What are some things in the world (or going on with you) that make this verse challenging to read or believe?
- What would happen to our worries or anxiety if we really believed verse 3?
- Where are you feeling some of the darkness mentioned in verse 5? How can we focus the light of Christ on those areas?
- That the Light would shine through the darkness that we struggle against
- For God to open our eyes and heart to what God has for us this season
- You would learn about, talk about, and enjoy the peace of Jesus this week and throughout the Advent season